Basic information about contest and Baltie contest platform here...
- Contest platform - Baltie (errors are not displayed).
- Contest duration - 90 minut.
- Contest places - to maximalize the number of teams from individual schools advancing to national round, the regional round in the region is held on as many contest places as possible (minimum is one).
- Enrollment for contestants to the regional round.
The teacher itself will determine how many contestants from each of categories A, B, C, D enrolls to the district round.
- The conteatnts can be enrolled (qualified) to regional round only when they were enrolled to the contest in due form and in time.
- Teacher chooses from the list of contest places in his region one, where he wants to go and comes to an agreement with organizer of the contest place about
how many contestants from his/her school can attend. Then the teacher logs in, chooses "Nominations" or at school round and clicks on "School results".
In the displayed list he enrolls contestants to regional round and waits for confirmation from the regional contest place organizer.
- Organizer of regional round see continuously list of all enrolled contestants to the regional round and chooses from it (after agreement with teachers)
contestants, that will compete in his/her contest place, to the contest group and working place (computer).
Number of contetants in the group in the contest place is denoted by blue color.
- Signing the contestant off the district round
- If a contestant does not belong to any contest group in any contest place, teacher can immediately sign it off - menu "Nominations" or at school round "School results".
- In the other case (the contestant already belongs to a contest group in a contest place), the contest place organizer must first rellease it from the contest place
and only after that it can be sign off by teacher.
- Conditions for the Contest Place (CP) + duties for Contest Place Organizer (CPO):
- CPO creates Contest place clicking on "Contest place". Defines rooms and working places (table with computer and seats).
- CPO communicates with schools that want to come to the place.
- CPO prepares technical (computers, internet) and organization (desks, chairs) conditions for the contest.
On the computers inteded for the contest will be the last versions of programs B3 (there is no necessary to delete any of files from computer after the Baltie instalation).
Also check, that on all computers submissions of tasks no. 0, 4, 5 and 7 from Junior B3 can be opened - there were problems with Mozilla Firefox.
- CPO creates contest groups on the contest server and maintains them ("Groups.." - visible only for CPO, other teachers doesn't see this item).
After creation of the groups CPO assigns teams to them from displayed list of enrolled contestants in the round.
The assigned contestant is definitely enrolled and confirmed in this round. In the list of schools the number of contestant in the relevant column (blue) is increased.
We recommend to create one contest group for one room with the name of the room.
It is good for orientation in the school and also for the list of contestants. You can then sort the list of contestants by group names and the lists for the rooms are ready.
- CPO before the beginning of the contest (at the lastest in the day of contest) puts together committee with at least two SGP teacher from different schools.
The commission confirms the proper course of the contest in the contest place by signing the contest protocol.
Note: in the case of emergency and when only one contest place is in the region, the teacher from the second SGP school needn't be presented,
but then only "defined minimal number of teams" can advance from the region to the national round, so in the case of refilling of free place
in the nation round, the contestants from this region won't be chosen.
- In the case of inability to connect to the internet during the contest (contest programs can't be uploaded),
CPO ensures upload the contest programs after expiration of contest time.
- CPO creates and updates web page with detailed information for contestants: adress, contact, map, limitations (rubbers) etc., or gives an contact email.
- New Contest Place.
If you are interested in organizing regional round in your school (so your pupils don't have to go far and more of them can participate in this round)
please register new contest place - log in and click the "Contest places".
- SGP Help - if a contest place doesn't have necessary SGP license, the company SGP Systems will give the license
to the contest place for free, but only for the time of organization of the regional round.
- Advancing to the next round - number of advancing teams from regional to the international round will be set after the regional round.
Have you found any mistake on this page or do you have any question about this round of the contest? Write us...